I was a bit worried about the Oobleck starter; I hadn't taken it out of the fridge in maybe a month and it was looking sad and near-death. I poured off most of it into a discard waffle batter that we are making for dinner tonight with lox and cream cheese. Then the usual protocol of mixing in equal parts water and strong flour. After a few hours it still looked comatose and I was wondering if I had killed it through neglect.
This morning, it was happy and bubbly. Guess I need a few successive days to restore it before making bread. Since I now have three separate starters in the fridge (Oobleck, OoBrokk, Lazarus IV) I should probably get into a habit of refreshing one every weekend regardless of whether I plan to bake.
This morning, it was happy and bubbly. Guess I need a few successive days to restore it before making bread. Since I now have three separate starters in the fridge (Oobleck, OoBrokk, Lazarus IV) I should probably get into a habit of refreshing one every weekend regardless of whether I plan to bake.