madbaker: (Galen)
[personal profile] madbaker
The wife was concerned because Bea had hard spots on her belly that weren't going away. Bea didn't show any signs of distress, but cats are good at hiding that sort of thing. So she made a vet appointment. Unfortunately, due to work pressures I was unable to work from home and help out - which meant that the wife had to drive there and find parking. That apparently was a failure because the area is heavily parked up, but she was saved by a kind person who gave up his parking space when the wife was pulling the cat carrier out in an illegal space.

It turned out Bea had about the lowest-grade issue for those symptoms: impacted nipples, basically an ingrown toenail equivalent. (Whew.) We have to try to wash her off for the next week as long as it doesn't make things worse by the cat paying more attention to those areas.

Also, Bea has put on a bit of weight. She's around 12 lbs vs her target of 10. Time for another food reduction.

Date: 2026-09-16 04:37 pm (UTC)
beanolc: (Default)
From: [personal profile] beanolc
Glad it's minor!

Date: 2026-09-16 06:07 pm (UTC)
threadwalker: (Default)
From: [personal profile] threadwalker
I'm glad it wasn't life-threatening. Also, I've got that song in my head now, "I like big butts, I cannot lie..." ha ha ha. Good luck with adjusting her food. Don't be afraid to share her disdain and frustration with us.

Profile

madbaker: (Default)
madbaker

October 2026

S M T W T F S
    123
4 56 78910
11 1213141516 17
18 19 2021222324
25262728293031

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 21st, 2026 01:11 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios